The Nest helps families address the obstacles they face, helps them build confidence, and helps them develop skills to begin on a path toward family stability.
Our staff connects families with resources they need for free, such as:
- Financial Assistance Referrals
- Cleaning Supplies
- Children’s Clothing and Diapers
- Emergency Food
- Adult and Infant Toiletries
We also offer referrals for people in need of the following services:
- Legal Aid
- Financial Assistance for Utilities, Rent, or Mortgage
- Household Cleaning Supplies – You may only be on this list once per month.
- Food Bank Referrals – Clients may be referred to God’s Pantry four times in a six-month period.
- Baby Equipment such as Car Seats, Cribs, Toys, etc.
- Eye Exams and Eyeglasses
- Medical/Mental and Chemical Dependency
- Employment Opportunities
Crisis Care Hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 – 12:00pm and 1:00 – 3:00pm
Please call United Way 211 to learn about other resources in Lexington and surrounding counties after hours.
Staff: Sheri Estill, Director of Crisis Care
(859) 259-1974 Ext. 231
The Nest helps families achieve long-term solutions for their basic human needs.
Thank you, United Way of the Bluegrass, for providing support for our Crisis Care Program.